What’s So Great About Tankless Water Heaters?
Plenty! The beauty of tankless heaters is that you never run out of hot water and you can digitally control the water temperature. This translates to lower energy bills and money savings in the long run. Tankless water heaters can last for 20 years or more if properly maintained. That’s almost twice the lifespan of conventional tank water heaters!
Many homes are starting to catch on to tankless water heaters. Tankless water heaters save energy and give you hot water on demand.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Virtually unlimited supply of hot water
- Reduced energy bills – why pay to heat water when you’re not using it?
- Saved space
- Reduced risk of leaking – leaking hot water heaters are a leading cause of home water damage
- Water delivered at consistent temperatures
- Long life span– tankless hot water heaters can last up to 20 years or more
- Possibility of cost-saving energy efficiency incentives
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
Unlike a traditional hot water heater that stores water in a tank and heats it with electric or gas-fueled heating elements, a tankless hot water heater does not have a bulky holding tank. Tankless hot water heaters are also often called “on-demand water heaters” because they create hot water on demand rather than slowly heating it to a specified temperature in a holding tank. Tankless water heaters use gas or electric burners to instantly heat water as it flows to the point of demand.